Spring in Burlington Ontario

Spring in Burlington Ontario
Discover Burlington this Spring

Monday, December 20, 2010

Beautiful Mama (and daughter)



When I went on maternity leave in July I was given a gift certificate to Beautiful Mama Spa in Village Square by my co-workers.  I was delighted not only at the prospect of pampering but also that they offer child minding services for ages 8 weeks to 8 years of age.  As every new (and experienced) mother knows there is usually a few minutes a day for yourself, usually in the shower so the concept of having someone care for your child(ren) on-site while you are getting that much deserved spa treatment is a dream come true.
With the holidays looming and my time short due to the demands of my two daughters I thought this would be the perfect time to try the Beautiful Mama and get a “Christmas” manicure.  When perusing the list of services I noticed they also offer “little lady” manis/pedis and thought of my 3 year old diva (Lily) who is always wanting her nails painted – this could be a lot of fun for her.   Since the arrival of our 2nd daughter, Lily doesn’t get as much one on one time with mommy as she used to and although the idea of two hours of uninterrupted mommy time was very appealing I decided to bring Lily along for some bonding over manis.
I booked our manicures for Saturday afternoon and let them know my daughter was only 3 years old (no problem).  I told Lily we were going to the spa to have our nails done and she couldn’t talk about anything else which confirmed I had made the right decision.  When we arrived for our appointment we were greeted by the owner Klara who also works in the spa.  The first thing I noticed was how the rooms were bright and airy but relaxing at the same time.  Lily and I set out to choose our nail colours, I stuck with one but my daughter went with 5 colours (all sparkly) to ensure maximum effect.  I was offered a drink but declined as Lily would surely want one and a mess was guaranteed.   Our fingers were soaked, filed and tidied up and we had a lovely hand massage with a mint lotion and polish was applied. During our manicures Lily kept up a steady stream of conversation with Klara, her aesthetician and checked in on me occasionally to see how I was doing.

I have been to many salons/spas and paid both a little and a lot for services and never felt a real kinship to any location but I would definitely return to Beautiful Mama.  Klara is a mom of six, a fact I learned as we all chatted. I felt completely at ease in the spa and there was none of the usual tension associated with bringing a 3 year old (anywhere).  Lily was thrilled with the results and couldn’t wait to get home and show her daddy.  I loved my polish and bought some to bring home because they are formaldehyde free which is so much safer than the over the counter polishes I usually buy.  The spa also features a juice/herbal tea bar and lovely area to relax enjoy your beverage and relax in,  as well as several treatment rooms.   Pricing vary depending on the services you are having done. 

To all the beautiful mamas out there that spend everyday caring for others I encourage you to take the time to take care of yourself and this spa is a great way to do just that!

Guest Blogger: Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment