Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Burlington Performing Arts Centre – Open for Bookings
The countdown is on for the opening of the new Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC)and this morning the Tourism Burlington Board of Directors were given an update presentation by Graham Frampton the Manager of Facility Operations and Sales.
This facility is the one of the most important projects that the city has embarked on and it will leave a lasting legacy in our community. From a tourism perspective it will attract visitors to Burlington who will attend performances, conferences and events. We are thrilled that this new facility will be opening this fall next to our Visitor Information Centre and have been working with the BPAC to get the word out to visitors and help connect them with local tourism partners.
Here are some highlights from this morning’s presentation:
· Main Theatre – has 712 seats, perfect for performances, large meetings, product launches and presentations
· Community Studio Theatre – has 225 seats with flexible space for meetings, rehearsals, corporate and social events
· Family Lobby – has a 5,000 sq. ft. space that has a glass roof and is open to balcony above, great for exhibits, receptions and civic events
· Project – is on time and on budget and is now 80% complete.
· Unique Selling Feature – will be the only stand alone LEED certified Performing Arts Centre in North America
Individuals or groups interested in renting this facility should contact Graham for more details. We will share additional updates as plans become finalized for the fall opening events, programs and activities.