Welcome to Burlington Ontario Canada! Situated on the shores of Lake Ontario and conveniently located within an hour of Toronto and Niagara Falls; the beautiful city of Burlington awaits you. Let us help you Discover Burlington, check back often for our journey through our city!
Spring in Burlington Ontario
Discover Burlington this Spring
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Top ten things we are thankful for
It’s that wonderful time of year again where we look back fondly on the past 12 months and plan for our future as the new year approaches.The staff and volunteers at Tourism Burlington are lucky indeed as we have had the pleasure of meeting, helping and working with visitors and residents of Burlington.As we all gathered together for a holiday luncheon to celebrate the season, share some laughs and thank each other for a job well done the theme was apparent, we love our jobs, our co-workers and our city - Burlington!
This weeks’ blog is dedicated to the top ten things we are thankful for (in no particular order), we hope you enjoy them and be sure to pop in to our Visitor Centre at 414 Locust St. and say hello next time you are in Downtown Burlington.
Family Day at The Centre
1. Burlington Performing Arts Centre.This fall we were thrilled to see the doors of The Centre open to the public.This facility built to LEED principles is poised to become the only freestanding green performing arts centre in Canada.The Centre is a boon for arts and culture in Burlington and will provide great new Tourism opportunities.
2.Being named 3rd best city in Canada for 2 years in a row!Burlington is not only a great place to live but also to visit. Enough said
Burlington Teen Tour Band
3. Burlington Teen Tour Band, our unofficial ambassadors have made us proud again this year with their inspired performances both locally and abroad; including a visit to Hawaii for the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbour.
4. We are thankful for Famous Burlingtonians.Ryan Gosling, named Time magazines coolest person of 2011 attended Lester B. Pearson High School and we are happy to claim him as our own.Wouldn’t you ladies?
5.Our dedicated tourism partners and volunteers that work with us to help promote our beautiful city.
6.Our team of local photographers who continue to donate their best shots of Burlington so that we can share them with you.
Photo Courtesy of Vince Magro
7.Burlington Hotel Association.Six member hotels that offer great deals on overnight stays to visitors, work with us to supply group accommodations, provide incentives to attract new meetings, conferences and events to our city and funding to encourage and support event hosting.
8.Our culinary “scene”.Burlington is lucky to have a wide variety of restaurants featuring almost any cuisine you desire, and many now feature local Ontario foods on their menus.We have great culinary events, lots of agri-tourism, wonderful farms and markets, cooking classes and in 2012 we will be home to the Burlington Chocolate Trail!
Sound of Music Festival
9. Our Waterfront.No matter what the season the waterfront showcases our city and draws people to the shores of Lake Ontario.It is a great place to walk, run or cycle the waterfront trail, play in the park or partake in one of the many festivals and events that are held annually.
10. You!Thank you for taking the time to engage with us, share your stories, photos and thoughts.