Spring in Burlington Ontario

Spring in Burlington Ontario
Discover Burlington this Spring

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day in the Life of Burlington


Burlington Art Centre displays the Day In the Life of Burlington Photo Contest Submissions
A photo submission
I just returned from a brisk walk to the Burlington Art Centre.  It was a cool walk but I was dressed right and it was actually quite refreshing and a nice break in my day.  I went there to walk through the exhibit of the photo submissions for the annual “Day In the Life of Burlington” Contest.  The contest was a day in September, but the Awards were just handed out on December 1st.  Over 200 people were in attendance.  The exhibit of photo submissions stays up until the New Year.  If you have not gone to see this exhibit, you should.  The photos were shot by both adults and youth.  The Burlington moments captured within this exhibit will surprise you.  They surprised me!  Some made me laugh and others – well, I wonder where they were taken:  I would like to find some of these spots.  The pictures are people, places and things in Burlington.  I always love to see how different people’s view of Burlington is.  That is why Tourism Burlington and the Burlington Hotel Association continue to sponsor this event.  Our hope is that we can gather photos – from all different perspectives, of Burlington, to use to promote and market Burlington as a destination and a place to be!  These photographers are a big part of that.  Most of the pictures on our website and in our ads have been submissions from past Day in the Life of Burlington contest participants.  I would like to thank all these folks and I would like them to know how much I appreciate their work, their creativity and their support of Burlington and Tourism.  Keep up the great work and make sure you are having fun out there with you camera!
The Burlington Art Centre is a lovely place to inspire your creative side – no matter your creative medium.  Take a few moments and visit the Day in the Life of Burlington Photography Exhibit, the Art Etc. Gallery and Gift Shop and the extensive ceramic exhibit displayed within the halls. Take some time for yourself.  You will find yourself leaving this place feeling, inspired and relaxed!
TourBurl Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment